Chef N’Gai Dickerson
N’Gai Dickerson is the Executive Chef for American Heart Association MAA, providing culinary education to the Piedmont triad in NC managing The Hampton Family Mobile Kitchen and FIT Chef for Baptist Hospital Pediatrics; Kohl’s Cooks Mobile Kitchen. Providing communities with skills, knowledge and hands-on cooking experience to build confidence with feeding their families.
TV and Community Contribution experience includes:
- Featured Heart Healthy Cooking segment on WFMY News 2, Fox 8 News and WXII News 12 during 2018.
- WSSU/Keynote Speaker “Soul Food Junkies” healthy eating, Vegan Soul advocate Forsyth County, NC 2015-2018.
- Kitchenology Greensboro Parks and Recreation (SNL) Summer Night Lights 2015-2018
- Home Grown Heroes (Youth Food Movement) Co-Founder/Director of Culinary Ed. 2015-2018
N’Gai’s Professional Certifications:
- National Restaurant Association Servsafe Manager Certification 2007-2018
- Servsafe Proctor/Instructor Certification 2008-2018
- ACF Certified Culinarian 2008-2013
Culinary Industry experience includes:
- Corporate Chef, Perkins Management 2012-2015
- Executive Chef, Aramark, Sodexo, Guilford Child Development 2008-2012
- Chef d’ Cuisine Sodexo, Cotton Mill Restaurant 2006-2010
- Executive Sous Chef, Sweet Potato Restaurant, Embassy Suites 2004-2010
- Catering Chef Second Harvest Food Bank, Providence Restaurant 2009-2018
- Chef Educator, Forsyth Technical Community College, GTCC
N’Gai’s respect for ingredients and passion for people derives from his youth. While watching his mother prepare meals with modest ingredients but always finding enough to share with the community. Despite losing both of his parents to cancer, N’Gai is steadfast in his belief that healthier family’s equal longer lives. After creating healthier meals for his loved ones, he understands the value of family and the essentials of food.