Have Some Fun, Create Some Awareness, Win Some Money (Maybe)
Submission Deadline Has Come and Gone. Winners will be announced shortly. Thanks to all who paricipated
Dog Days of Summer: Shake Your Booty Challenge
Watch the Video. Create Your Own and Send It In
Maybe Win $250 or Possibly $500
How to Participate
- Use the Activity Outline to the right as a guide to create your own Shake Your Booty Challenge experience.
- Make a video of the activity using any recording device you would like such as a smart phone, tablet or camera.
- Submit a video of participants enjoying the Shake Your Booty Challenge Activity through the Caregiving 101 Facebook Page before Midnight August 31 2017 also known as 12:00 am on September 1, 2017.
Maybe Win $250 or Possibly $500
- If a submitted video shows people having good clean fun, shows people engaged and laughing, shows people "living the dream", shows people enjoying others company, shows people "being themselves" again, shows people getting out of their bedrooms to do something, shows people doing something other than watching TV or playing bingo, shows people that there is still fun to be had in life no matter how old you are, we may decide there is a Best Shake Your Booty Challenge video from all of the submissions and we may give the community, activity department, senior center, skilled nursing facility, independent living community, assisted living community, adult day center, continuing care retirement community or family aging in place that submitted the Best Shake Your Booty Challenge video a $250 donation to buy activity supplies or the stuff needed for an ice cream social or the stuff needed to have a cookout or the stuff needed to do whatever activity you want. If you are a paid member of caregiving101.com we may even raise the donation amount to $500, but no promises on that. In this age of everyone is a winner and everyone gets a trophy, you may feel that just participating is good enough for you and if we contact you to say that your video was voted the Best Shake Your Booty Challenge video and we offer to donate money to you, you have the option of turning it down and just accepting a ribbon that says "Winner". If you choose that option, please allow 10 - 14 weeks for delivery as we must special order that ribbon and it will probably come from China, Mexico, India or Vietnam as most of the worlds textile manufacturing is now in those countries or others. We will work to find the lowest cost "winner" ribbon we can find and will let you know where it is coming from at the appropriate time.
- Since we will donate the money, we get to decide which video may be the Best Shake Your Booty Challenge Video using no particular method for judging other than what make us smile and laugh. Although, We may narrow it down to the top five finalists using factors such as - Does it cause a full belly laugh when watching, are people in the room laughing and smiling, did you say "Thank You" to Caregiving 101 on the video for giving you a reason to get out of the chair and stop watching TV for an hour, are there awesome Shake Your Booty Moves, does it have groovy background music. If we do that, we will probably put the names of the top five finalists on slips of paper, stick those in a hat and just randomly pull out a winner or we may put the five finalists videos on social media and websites and let the public vote. We will decide after the submission deadline of Midnight August 31 2017 also known as 12:00 am on September 1, 2017. Again since we are donating our money, we get to decide how we choose a winner and if that bothers you, then DO NOT, under any circumstances, hold an activity session using the outline to the right for how to do the activity and DO NOT make a video of it and DO NOT submit the video you make to the Caregiving 101 Facebook Page
- An empty tissue box for each player
- Xacto knife or box cutter
- Adjustable belt or wide ribbon for each player
- 6-8 Plastic Easter eggs or Ping Pong balls per player
- Use an Xacto knife or box cutter, make two slits into the bottom of the tissue box.
- Remove the thin plastic barrier from the tissue box opening.
- Thread an adjustable belt or wide ribbon through the two slits to create a tissue-box-on-a-belt.
- Using the belt or ribbon, strap the tissue box onto the player’s back.
- Fill the tissue box with 6-8 plastic Ping Pong Balls.
- Goal is to have the participants move their bodies around to shake the ping pong balls out of the box.
- When participant is ready have them shake, shimmy, jump, dance and move until all of the eggs have fallen out of the tissue box. Note- alter this step so participants are safe! If they need to sit, the box can be strapped to the upper part of the body around the shoulders, around an arm or leg. Choose whatever is needed for safety and fun.
- Play your favorite fun music while participant is Shaking Their Booty
- No using your hands to remove the balls from the box!
- Safety First - If the participant needs to sit in a chair or wheelchair, the box can be strapped to the upper part of the body around the shoulders, around an arm or leg or even the wheelchair. Choose is needed for safety and fun.
- Safety First - If this activity is not physically or cognitively appropriate for a participant DO NOT LET THEM PARTICIPATE
- Safety First - Participate at your own risk
Read This Before You Submit
- By submitting a video to the Caregiving 101 Facebook Page for consideration as the Best Shake Your Booty Challenge Video, You are acknowledging that you have read this entire section.
- You do not have to submit a video, you can just do the activity for something fun to do, which could be super cool and wicked awesome for everyone involved
- If you do submit a video to the Caregiving 101 Facebook Page you are acknowledging that you and all participants in the activity of the video you submitted did it because everyone wanted to, no one forced you or any of the participants to participate in the activity or or to make the video.
- If you do submit a video and hope to compete for any money that we may or may not donate, your video must be submitted not later the Midnight on August 31, 2017. For those of you who are not familiar with the term midnight, it is the time that Cinderella had to leave the ball because Fairy Godmother's spell to turn her into a Princess for the ball expired at midnight and because the spell had an expiration time, was Fairy Godmother really a full-fledged Fairy Godmother or was she just an apprentice Fairy Godmother with only 50% of the power of your standard, full-union member Fairy Godmother? If you still do not understand the deadline for submitting your video, it must be in no later than 12:00 AM eastern on September 1, 2017 which many people, including us, consider midnight of August 31, 2017.
- If we pick a Best Shake Your Booty Challenge Video and donate any money, we will inform the submitters of said winning video by September 15, 2017.
- If there is a Best Shake Your Booty Challenge Video chosen, the submitter and winner of any donations will be notified via Facebook message
- When you submit a video via the Caregiving 101 Facebook Page, Caregiving 101 becomes the owner of the video.
- You and all participants in this activity are participating in this activity at your own risk
- Caregiving 101, its affiliates, employees, contractors and representatives is not responsible for any injuries or accidents that occur if you participate in this activity