COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- When you create an Caregiving101.com or R.O.S. Therapy Systems account purchase a product, download a software update, register for a class at R.O.S. University, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on R.O.S. Therapy Systems latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with R.O.S. Therapy Systems, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve R.O.S. Therapy Systems products, services, and customer communications.
COLLECTION AND USE OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an R.O.S. Therapy Systems product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. R.O.S. Therapy Systems may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the R.O.S. Therapy Systems or Caregiving101.com websites. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
At times R.O.S. Therapy Systems may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with R.O.S. Therapy Systems to provide products and services, or that help R.O.S. Therapy Systems market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by R.O.S. Therapy Systems to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
R.O.S. Therapy Systems shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever R.O.S. Therapy Systems operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for R.O.S. Therapy Systems to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
THIRD‑PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Apple websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.