Broccoli Mini Quiche
Enjoy the many recipe and nutrition information from the Caregiving 101 Cooking Club.
Recipes are updated monthly.
You can also watch and cook along with Darlene and Colleen each week as they bring laughter and good food to caregivers everywhere
- 1 package of refrigerated piecrust, or make your own piecrust dough
- 4 small heads of fresh broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 8 ounces of shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 Degrees
- Place piecrusts on a lightly-floured surface; ****if making your own, roll the dough to a thickness of just under 1/8-inch.
- Take a round, 3-inch cookie cutter (you can also use a glass of that size) and make 24
circles in the dough.
- Lightly grease the cups of a standard muffin tin, and then place a piecrust circle in each cup.
- Press down.
- In each muffin cup, add an equal amount of the chopped broccoli and the swiss cheese so that both ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Combine the eggs and milk in a mixing bowl, then add the dill, garlic, and salt, and mix.
- Add approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons of egg mixture to each cup, Pour directly over the broccoli and swiss.
- Bake the quiches for approximately 25 minutes.